Chair’s Opening Remarks & Keynote Presentation: Strategies for Success – How to Make It as a Data Science and AI Executive.
• Should you be a tech executive embedded in business, or a business executive responsible for new technology? • Realizing organizational change – creating a truly data-centric culture • How can we balance responding to known business pain points, whilst also identifying previously unknown issues and introducing new concepts and methods?Speaking
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning are not new in the world of analytics. But now with deep learning and improved natural language processing methods we have the opportunity to develop cognitive computing applications that can reason and learn. • With this technological innovation, organizations can now cost effectively put both AI and CC… Read more.Speaking
• The first 90 days and beyond – identifying short terms wins and long term goals • Structuring for success – what form should your function take for best results? • Cementing your place within the C Suite – how can you avoid the perception of being a short-term, fashionable appointment?Speaking
• Examining a Case Study of Midea’s Emerging Technology Center, in which Midea has committed to invest $250 million USD in 5 years. • The center seeks to embed deep learning into real world products, and this presentation will examine the different challenges and issues faced across IoT, retail, eCommerce and industrial products • Follow… Read more.Speaking
Keynote Presentation: Performance Enhancing Development in Data Science Organizations: Tips to Improve Productivity, Efficiency, and Results.
• Effectively running a data science organization takes more than the knowledge of generative adversarial networks or knowing the ins and outs of Spark. For data science organizations to run successfully, they must have efficient relationships throughout the organization, utilize well-integrated systems/tools, and be constantly finding ways to increase efficiency, productivity, and results. • The… Read more.Speaking
• The origins of this recently formed COE stem from the acquisition of a small start-up more than ten years ago • This talk will focus on the journey of this startup from acquisition to becoming the COE for AI/ML and the lessons learned along the waySpeaking
• As exclusive partners in artificial intelligence, NCI & CrossChx are proud to announce our Scaling Humans Through a.i. (Shai) platform which is delivered to our customers through our Automation Process Engineering (SHAPE) framework • Our deployment of these capabilities across both commercial and government sectors allows an accelerated modernization of Human-Computer Interaction in a… Read more.Speaking
• Data Science as a foundation for Digital Transformation – becoming data science driven to transform your business model • How can your data science program support wider transformation within your organization? • Positioning the CDS as a partner for success – what relationships are needed to maximize the impact of our own role?Speaking
• What are the financial, operational, and technical challenges in getting AI off the ground, how should you resolve them? • How does the CAIO act as an evangelist across the business, and convince business units who aren’t traditionally data savvy to embrace data-driven insight? • Understanding the need for both top-down and bottom-up advocacy… Read more.Speaking
• How can we best enable disruptive innovation through the use of Machine Learning? • What innovative approaches can be used to identify the right data-set with the right signals to train algorithms? • Will the rise of machine learning lead to a decreased demand for Data Scientists as they are replaced by self-learning algorithms?Speaking
• How will AI shape the customer service landscape as chatbots and AI technologies begin to take over customer interactions? • What are the implications of an intelligent assistant acting as the point of contact between customers and the business, effectively as a face of the brand? • To what extent is lack of public… Read more.Speaking
• How can you overcome your audiences’ barriers to understanding? • A picture is worth a thousand words – the role of visualization • Communicating results, predictions, and responses, rather than methods, tools, and technologySpeaking
• Overcoming the Skills Shortage by understanding attraction – what is the key to making your data team appealing to potential hires? • Discussing approaches to developing relationships with the academic community, colleges, and students, in order to deepen the future pool of talent. • What is the key to retaining your data rockstars, when… Read more.Speaking